Protecting your antiques requires more than a gentle touch. To properly secure your items, O’Neill Transfer & Storage goes above and beyond, creating a complete plan alongside you to safely transport your most delicate, fragile possessions.
After 100 years of moving people across the city, state, country and world, trust us when we say we can handle the items most precious to you and your family.
Our Antiques Moving Services
O’Neill Transfer & Storage provides a comprehensive list of services to choose from when it comes to moving antiques. As a full-service moving company, these services can easily and conveniently tailor to your needs.
Our Portland antiques moving services include:
- Moving your antiques anywhere in the world. We can have a chair you fell in love with on vacation waiting for your return to Portland.
- Handling delicate items for commercial and office spaces, utilizing workflow processes and plans to get businesses back up and running as fast as possible.
- Safely storing antiques in our climate-controlled warehouse facilities before, during or after your move for as little or as long as necessary.
- Supplying standard packing materials for antiques, packing an entire home, delivering to your door, unboxing items, and much more.
Service that is made-to-order means you are in the driver’s seat. For a Portland antiques mover with a reputation built on customer satisfaction, look no further than O’Neill Transfer & Storage.
What Sets Our Antique Moving Services Apart
Protecting your items is something we take seriously. When you work with us, you can relax as we quickly and efficiently complete your move.
Here’s what you can expect when you work with O’Neill Transfer & Storage:
- Meeting with us ahead of time to discuss and plan your move in incredible detail
- Custom-built crates for safe transportation of the most delicate items
- Padding the banisters and walls to avoid damage moving in or out
- Offering you the choice of valuation protection
- Full-service moving option
At O’Neill Transfer & Storage, we aim to deliver a unique experience to every customer and go to great lengths to ensure your items are returned to you in the same condition.
Planning Tips for Moving Antiques
Moving antiques is complex, and without the right preparation, it can result in the loss or damage of irreplaceable items. In order to safely and securely move delicate, fragile items, you need to have a solid plan in place.
Keep these tips below in mind when planning to move your antiques:
- Build an Inventory: Inspect antiques, taking note of weak spots to point out to movers. Take clear photos of every item from multiple angles and sides. For high-value antiques, recording a video is the best way to document their condition and details like serial numbers, signatures or manufacturer’s marks.
- Have Your Items Appraised: It’s important to know the value of the antiques you’re having moved. Find a qualified and reputable appraiser to verify the value of your antiques. In the unfortunate event that anything does happen to your collectibles, you’ll be protected.
- Get Quotes from Quality Antiques Movers: Get at least three antiques movers before hiring anyone. For the best experience, stick to companies that are licensed, insured, knowledgable and well-reviewed. A little bit of research goes a long way when it comes to protecting your most delicate and fragile belongings.
Though moving antiques can be a scary process, managing it all will be much easier if you have a good plan. For help planning the details of your upcoming move, our team at O’Neill Transfer & Storage has the experience and expertise to help.
Get Your Free Antiques Moving Quote
O’Neill Transfer & Storage is a proven antiques mover that can safely deliver your most fragile, valuable heirlooms and possessions to any destination in the world. Fully licensed and insured, our family-owned and operated moving company has been trusted in Portland, and throughout the state, for more than a century!
We can help you get started with a free quote. To request yours, simply fill out our quick online form today. For more information or if you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you, call us at (503) 747-3630.