If you partner with O’Neill Transfer and Storage for your next move, you’ll be getting experience that dates back to 1920. Our mission is to always provide a fully-personalized moving experience. We’ll be there whether you’re moving out of state, or whether you just need some packing supplies. We strive to meet you where you are.
Portland to Washington State Moving Services
A great deal of thought and planning goes into moving out of state. O’Neill Transfer and Storage has the skills and experience to help you every step of the way. For those moving from Portland to Washington state, there’s no better partner to choose than us.
Before you make a decision, take a look at a number of the services we provide:
- We have a full selection of moving boxes and other packing supplies.
- Our team is trained in full furniture disassembly and assembly. You won’t need to raise a finger if you don’t want to.
- Warehouse storage is always available for items you can’t fit inside your new home. Our facilities are monitored 24/7, climate controlled, and designed to provide 40,000 sq. ft. of space. Your property is safe with us.
- O’Neill Transfer offers Moving Valuation Coverage. Choosing this option will ensure that your belongings are fully covered during the move. Based on what you choose, we offer both limited and full coverage.
- As an interstate agent of Wheaton World Wide Moving, we have access to hundreds of agents coast-to-coast. This allows us to give you a consistently high-quality move throughout the entire long-distance moving process.
Moving across state lines does not have to be a nerve-racking process. O’Neill Transfer is fully equipped to handle any variety of situations our customers may face. This is essential to providing every one of our movers with a fully-personalized experience. It’s the reason why we’ve stayed in business all these years.
Comparing Portland and WA State
One deciding factor on whether you’ll move to a new city is how it compares to your old one. If you’re on this page, you are more than likely considering moving from Portland, OR to WA state. Below you’ll find a few aspects to consider between the two. We’ve decided to look at Seattle for a more balanced, city-to-city comparison.
- Taxes: According to the Tax Foundation, Oregon residents pay around 6.60% to 7.60% in income taxes. However, they do not pay a state sales tax. Washington, on the other hand, charges residents a combined state and local tax rate of 9.29%
- Housing Costs: In terms of the housing market, Seattle is by far the pricier option. The median sale price for homes in the city is about $819,475. Portland prices are far less expensive, coming in at around $523,500.
- Climate: Overall, the climates between these two cities are not widely different. The highs of Seattle top out around 72°F while Portland can reach about 80°F. What might come as a surprise is that Portland receives more rainy days (about 12.6% more) than Seattle.
With this, you can hopefully make a more informed choice on your move. We believe the best decisions are made with the most information.
Get Your Free Long-Distance Moving Estimate Today
O’Neill Transfer and Storage has always made it our goal to make moving as fluid as possible, and our track record shows it. We’ve been serving Oregon since the 1920’s, and our company is fully licensed and insured. The safest hands for anyone moving to or from Oregon are here with us.
If you have any questions, long-distance related or otherwise, give us a call at (503) 747-3630. When you’re ready to get a free quote from us, fill out our online form so we can walk with you through your moving journey.